There are times you have a bunch of time to cook your meals. And other times, you just want something fast and easy. This 3-ingredient corn salad is about as simple as it comes. Not only are there three ingredients, there’s no peeling, cleaning or cooking involved. In fact, it takes about 3 minutes to make the entire thing. Intrigued?
If you’re ready to get started, here’s what you need to do.
- 15.5 oz can no-salt added black beans
- 15.25 oz can no-salt added corn
- 15.5 oz can diced tomatoes with seasoning
- Open each of the three cans.
- Rinse the beans with water before pouring them into a bowl.
- Pour corn and tomatoes into the bowl.
- Optional: Add seasoning to your preference. (See notes below.)
- Eat. Enjoy. Repeat.
A few notes about this corn salad
- All the cans of food I chose were salt-free. You can, of course, make the same salad with salted versions of each ingredient. My recommendation is if you want your salad a bit more flavorful, purchase the salt-free versions and then add your own salt and spices at home. That way, you are in control of how much or little salt you’d like to add.
- If you want to add more flavor, there are plenty of ways to do so. While the three base ingredients taste delicious together, make it spicy by adding pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, red chili flakes or chili powder to enhance the taste of the corn salad. Make it sweet by adding basil and/or oregano. Add your own twist by playing around with garlic powder, salt, white pepper or any other herbs and spices you like!
- You can use fresh ingredients in this salad if you want. Part of the simplicity comes from the fact that there are only three ingredients, and part of it comes from the fact that they are canned ingredients.
Did you try this recipe? If you did, let me know how it tasted. And if you added your own seasoning to it, tell me what you tried!