We’ve been cooking up samples of protein bars for our students recently, and this recipe has gotten top marks from all. The best part is that it’s vegan and gluten-free. As an added bonus, it’s soy free, as well! Besides the peanut butter – which can easily be swapped (see below) – you won’t find any common allergens in this recipe! Try it for yourself, and then let us know how your protein bars turned out!
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 cups gluten free oatmeal
- 2 scoops Arbonne vanilla protein
- 1/2 cup gluten free rice crisp cereal
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup agave
Optional – If you want to add a chocolate coating. (And really, who doesn’t?!):
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Once you’ve got everything ready to go, it’s time to start your no-bake baking!
- Put parchment paper on an 8-inch square pan.
- Mix oat flour, protein powder and cereal.
- Add in agave and peanut butter.
- Press flat into pan.
- Put in freezer.
- If you’re adding chocolate to top: Melt chocolate and coconut oil in microwave or on stove-top.
- Take bars out of freezer and drizzle with chocolate mixture.
- Put bars back in freezer until chocolate hardens.
- Enjoy. Repeat.
A few things to note about this recipe:
As far as protein powder is concerned, all Arbonne products free of animal products (aka they’re vegan), gluten and soy. If none of these things bother you, any general protein powder will work. You can also walk on the wild side and try it with chocolate protein powder instead of vanilla.
Peanut butter can easily be swapped for any tree nut butter (almond, walnut, etc.) or seed butter (sunflower seed, sesame seed, etc.)
Any cereal can be substituted for the gluten-free rice crisps. We’ve tried Frosted Flakes, Corn Pops, Cheerios, Apple Jacks and Rice Chex, but we’ve found that those cereals just don’t taste as good with the other ingredients.
If you are following a gluten-free diet, be sure to use gluten-free oatmeal.
Along the same note, if you are following a vegan diet, be sure to use vegan chocolate chips.
Did you try this recipe? If you did! Tell us how it tasted!