Ready to get your summer started? Between work, baseball practice, graduation parties, BBQs and more, is there really time to fit in exercise? Yes! Yes there is! This fitness challenge is perfect for people who are just starting out on their fitness journey as well as those who are incredibly busy this time of year. Bonus: It’s completely FREE!That said, this summer fitness challenge is great whether you’re just starting a new exercise routine or are looking to add a little more movement in your day. Use the fitness calendar below as your guide. Each day has one activity for you to complete. (Plus some rest days built in!) Because I know you’re busy, most days are specifically designed to be no more than 5-10 minutes. There are a few that will be a little longer, but they are few and far between.
Each day, I will post a challenge-related video to the Body and Mind by Muna Facebook Page to give you some pointers on that day’s exercise (including proper form and modifications). There will also be exclusive, challenge-only yoga and ab videos for your exercise pleasure. Cool!
Tips for success
The fitness challenge is approaching quickly. But before we start on June 1, here are some pieces of advice.
- Print out the calendar. Or save the PDF to your phone. If you’ve printed a hard copy, hang it on your fridge (or the bathroom mirror or the television). Just be sure to post it somewhere that you’ll see it often so you’ll be motivated to do the daily challenge.
- Find a buddy or two or three. The more people to hold you accountable, the more likely you’ll be to start and finish the challenge. Invite your squad, share the calendar and then let the challenge begin!
- Watch the videos. I’ll be posting daily videos on Facebook to guide you. Watch them. Follow along. Comment and tell me how the challenge is going. As a reminder, I will also be showing variations ranging from easier to harder in these videos, so you can choose what works best for you.
- Take breaks as needed. If you’re just starting your fitness journey, some of these exercises might be a little difficult. Don’t fret! Starting is half the battle. Just do the best you can.
- Push it if you can. Please note: These exercises are short. If you’ve been following an exercise routine for a while now, try to push yourself through these few minutes. Go as hard as you can without losing proper form.
- Be kind to your body. There are rest days built in. Give yourself some love on those days. Enjoy yourself, and reflect on how much stronger you’re getting.
- Remember it’s only 30 days. If you put your mind to it, you can do it. Each day’s exercise isn’t that long, so even the busiest of people don’t have an excuse.
June fitness challenge calendar
You can also find a PDF version of this fitness calendar by clicking here: June challenge calendar.
The more people who join in, the merrier! So share this calendar with your friends, family and co-workers to get some extra exercise in this summer.