We all want to be a little more confident. For some, that means feeling better in their skin – whether that’s losing weight or toning up. And for many, that means being confident in swimwear and workout gear. But being confident about your figure doesn’t necessarily mean you have to show off your body in revealing bikinis or sports tops. It simply means you feel good about yourself regardless of what you’re wearing.
Maybe for some it’s more about feeling amazing in that seemingly modest dress top and jeans. And others want to be able to show their bodies off in more revealing outfits.
The truth is: Everybody is different. Everybody’s comfort level varies with how much skin they show or how tight their clothes fit. Feeling confident doesn’t have to mean that you absolutely must flash extra skin. If you want to – awesome! More power to you. But for most of us, we just simply want to wear a flattering outfit that gives us that radiant look and positive feeling.
That said, no matter what you’re wearing – from a new dress to a bikini – choose something that makes you feel good. Really feel good. You should also feel powerful, strong, beautiful, radiant and, most of all, confident.
How to feel more confident
If the clothing you’re wearing doesn’t give you those feelings, find different clothing that does! Go shopping for confidence-inducing clothes that make you feel as amazing as you truly are inside. Here are some other ways you can feel more confident.
- Surround yourself with people who don’t judge, shame or otherwise make you feel bad about yourself.
- Talk to yourself like you’d talk to a friend. No negativity here!
- Rock your favorite outfit every chance you get.
- Let loose! If you’re feeling stressed about your body, relax. Take a deep breath. Turn on some upbeat music. Smile at yourself in the mirror. Positive vibes lead to positive results.
- Work it out, and maybe even do it with a friend.
- Talk about your insecurities with a trusted confidant. Our closest friends are our biggest cheerleaders!
- Treat yourself. Take yourself out on a date, or stay in and pamper yourself with a nice soak in the bath.
If you don’t have a cheerleader in your corner, reach out! I’d love be be your biggest fan!